Partners

HÎNCEŞTI

    The District Hincesti is located in the central part of the Republic Moldova, in the Woods area. The residential Center is Hincesti city, situated at a distance of 35 km from Chisinau and 120 km of Iaşi. The District Hincesti is crossed by important routes of access to Romania and Ukraine (Mărăşti -E581-Tecuci Albiţa – Leuseni – Chisinau – Odessa; E577 -Poltava-Kirovograd Chisinau – Giurgiulesti – Galaţi). In the XlXth century the city Hincesti became the residence for the Armenians Prince, Manuc Bey, where on it’s lands had raised in time The Hunting Castle (“Castelul de vânătoare”), The Palace and a complex of buildings, all located in a large appears. The settlements around town Hincesti are entirely located on medieval places, the first document dating from april 10th 1430 and it belongs to Ciuciuleni village. In the village Stolniceni there is one of the largest Geto-Dacian castles (th III-IV BC). Archaeological diggings have identified traces of ancient civilizations representative. In the area of Hincesti there are located 15 Orthodox churches and one of the most visited monasteries in Moldova - Hîncu Monastery. The most important museums of the department are the Museums of History and Ethnography and Hincesti Mingir.

LEOVA

    The Leova District is located in the south-west bank of the Republic of Moldova on the River Prut. The administrative residence is the city of Leova, located at 122 km from Chisinau and 115 km from Iasi. The city was certified in 1495, in Suceava, in a document of Prince Stephen the Great who gave his servants Leva and Peter lands in the border of Huşi County , below Draslavat, bought with forty gold coins. As a county, the city of Leova was certified on 26 August 1806, by a document from Alexandru Constantin Moruzi prince of Moldova. By the year 1904, Leova was a component of county Ismail. In the villages of the district Leova there are still alive ancient traditions and customs, with a special significance. Colindele (carols) Steau, Irozii, Sorcova, Capra, Ursul, Calul, Paparudele, Caloianul, the pig slaughter Christmas, important traditions of life (baptism, marriage, death) are only some of these customs, that are caught in the collections of the museum district. Representative for district Leova are the Ethnographic Museum and the History Museum, Borogani and Tigheci.

County Museum "Stefan cel Mare" Vaslui

    By the command of the Board of the People of Vaslui county in 1974, at the 18 October was established Vaslui County Museum, with mixed profile ethnography and history, with the first director Professor Constantin Popescu, curator of experience and significant contributions in other training institutions such as: museum Bran, Fagaras, Rasnov.
   With the support of the Council of Education and Socialist Culture in that year were employed also as a curator: Rica Popescu, Ionel Mancas, Ioan Bauman and that under the guidance and supervision of the general director of museums of Romania, Iulian Antonescu made the theme for the exhibition of the institution.
   Vaslui County Museum was opened on 26 September 1975, in the presence of specialists from academic centers, Iasi and Bucharest, the directors of museums in Moldova and local authorities and county, being held at that time and after, as the youngest museum of the country, issue valid today and the best feasible theme and scientific museum.